Microsoft Excel is a popular spreadsheet app which is commonly used for storing, organizing, and managing data. It is widely used in schools, offices, business and organizations, etc. to maintain report for future use and reference. Microsoft Excel files are generally termed as spreadsheets. The file extension of an older version of Microsoft Excel files is .xls whereas, in the newer version, the file extension is .xlsx format. It has many features such as pivot tables, calculations purpose, macro programming language, graphing tools, etc. to fill user work-related requirement.
Let’s take an example, where you may overwrite your important Offices files due to negligence. For instance, you have an old Excel file in your pen drive, unfortunately unintentionally you copied it into a folder that contains a newer version of the same name or when you finish to edit to a new Excel sheet, you may save it by clicking “Save as” but wrongly you may click on “Save” option. As a result of which original document is overwritten. Now, if that Excel spreadsheet is important then you are thinking that how to perform overwritten Excel spreadsheet recovery. In such situation, you can try Office File Recovery software to recover overwritten Excel spreadsheet recovery in few mouse clicks. There are some reasons behind deletion or loss of MS Excel spreadsheet are as follows.
- Accidental deletion
- Formatting of drive in which your Excel Spreadsheet are present
- While transferring Excel Spreadsheet, interruptions occur due to the power surge or system shutdown automatically.
- Virus infection
- Other reasons: Hardware failure, improper file system conversion, improper system termination, file system corruption, etc.
- Always keep the backup of necessary Excel Spreadsheet on any secondary storage devices to avoid such issues.
- Don’t store any data on the drive in which you have lost or deleted any Excel Spreadsheet files.
- Use good antivirus to keep your system free from virus attack to avoid sudden loss of files including Excel Spreadsheets.
- Check XLSX /XLS files before you delete it from the system hard drive or any storage device.
Features of Office File Recovery software:
- This software is capable enough to recover Excel Spreadsheet in any data loss scenarios like overwritten Excel spreadsheet, deletion, lost, formatted, etc. on various version of Windows operating system such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc.
- Once the recovery process is over, you can view the files in “Data type view” option which is obtainable in demo version of the software. You can find the lost files which are marked with cross x in red color.
- You can find the find the recovered files using their unique signature such as file name, file type, date of creation of the file, file size, etc.
- This software can recover various Microsoft Office file such as Word files, PowerPoint files, etc.
- It recovers various Office file format such as DOC, PPT, DOCX, XLSX, XLS, PPTX, etc. on Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2007, 2003, 2000, etc.