Recently Samsung unveiled a new portable SSD T3 drive which can deliver up to 2 TB of external storage to your desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc. This is helpful to that person who doesn’t store high resolution photos, video to their microSD card due to insufficient space.
The drive utilizes Samsung’s V-NAND technology (Vertical NAND) to store data as much as possible into a compact space. The Samsung Portable SSD T3 fits in your palm. Samsung also said that the SSD drive is smaller than an average business card. It measures 2.9 x 2.3 x 0.41 inches (74 x 58 x 10.5mm) and weighs under two ounces (approx. 50 grams) making it appropriate for mobile users who need access to huge amounts of data.
Portable SSD T3 is more durable then hard disk drives. It can endure up to 1500G of force, stay alive drops up two meters and be used in intense temperatures.
Storage for your phone
- Samsung Portable SSD T3 is available in 250GB, 500GB, 1TB or 2TB storage capacity.
- It can work with all latest Android smartphones, tablets and computers with Windows or Mac OS
- Samsung’s latest smartphones including the Galaxy S6 series, Galaxy Note 5, currently don’t have a USB-C port. Galaxy S7 ships with a USB-C port as it is compatible with the Samsung’s Portable SSD T3 drive.
- SSD drive is able to connect to the mobile devices by means of either a USB 2.0 Type C connector/USB 3.1 Type C connector
- Sensitive data storage, the T3 supports AES-256 encryption
- Pricing information is not so far available at this time, but the T3 is likely to ship next month in the United States, selected European countries, China, Korea<
- Costs just over 50 cents per GB
- Performs like a standard multi-layer-cell (MLC) drive
- Its triple level-cell (TLC) NAND is not suitable for all workloads.